Stephanie Draughon, MBA
Stephanie Draughon is the Owner/Managing Partner of Review, LLC, a real estate property tax consulting and appeals firm established in 2013. Stephanie has extensive experience in the property tax field. She has worked nationally with a variety of companies with various commercial property types. Stephanie’s understandings of valuation methods and unique approach to analyzing her client’s portfolios and assessments have resulted in significant tax savings.
Before starting REVIEW, LLC, Stephanie was a Senior Manager in Hilco Real Estate’s property tax division, where she managed the property tax matters for various retail, office, industrial and healthcare clients. Before joining Hilco, Stephanie managed the real estate tax matters for over 2,200 properties as the Real Estate Tax Supervisor at Walgreen Co. Stephanie was also a property tax consultant at Deloitte Tax LLP, analyzing properties in the retail, industrial, office and hospitality industry. Stephanie has a proven career record of building and leading teams, as well as creating business growth opportunities.
Stephanie sat on the Board at Roosevelt University’s Marshall Bennett School of Real Estate. Stephanie also sat on the Advisory Board for the Goldie B. Wolfe Miller Women Leaders in Real Estate Initiative, where she was the chairperson for the fundraising committee. Stephanie was also a 3-year term committee member for IAAO.
Property Tax Experience:
- Testified as an expert witness at several property tax appeal trials.
- Assisted in a Supreme Court Case, which resulted in a favorable outcome.
- Analyzed assessed values using various appraisal methods. and developed a business case for real estate tax appeals
- Communicated, coordinated, and collaborated with internal and external third parties to track and support the tax appeal process
- Represented companies in informal, formal, and tax court proceedings
- Managed Attorneys throughout the review/appeal process
- Regularly reviewed and evaluated leases, rent rolls, income/expense statements and appraisals.
- Performed due diligence for pre-acquisition transactions
- Communicate the property tax impact of legislative changes or pending legislation.
- Researched current property tax cases, statues, rules and regulations
- Prepare briefs and filings for property tax protest
- Maintain direct contact with various County Chief Assessors, Appraisers, and support staff to resolve and/or coordinate protest proceedings
- Roosevelt University, School of Real Estate, MBA
- DePaul University, Political Science, BA